Potty training for your pet dog like Jack Russell Terrier is highly important when you bring them new to your house. Let us check here some best tips on how to potty train a dog in a best way. It will help in keeping your place tidy. Potty training can be easier if you know how and where to start.
Following are some more tips that help you potty train your dog quickly.
- Keep in mind that Jack Russell Terrier are not having the patience level as adult dog has. It is very difficult for them to control bowels and bladder for more time. Hence, you should be patient and give them considerable time to develop outside potty habits.
- Avoid paper-training in the first days, because if you paper-train him inside home, you will need to train him again for outside potty habits.
- Place your pet in a crate when you are out-door or not observing him.
- During potty training stimulate your pet to eat dry or bolus food. This will give him solid stools.
- If you see that your Jack Russell Terrier is trying to potty train inside home, alert him by saying ‘No’, or clapping your hands. Carefully take him outside and wait till he finishes the task.
- Don’t scold, reprimand and punish the puppy when he evacuates inside home in the initial training days. However, you need to make him realize that it is not good.
- Avoid confining pets in rooms that have rugs or carpets. Confine him in the bare floors so that you can easily clean if he potties indoors.
- If the Jack Russell Terrier is 4 months old and still has not taught to potty outside, see a veterinarian to sort out the issue.
Hope these techniques will help you potty train your pet easily. If you are looking for more information about your Jack Russell then happyjackrussell.com is one good resource to check. Here you can find all the best info about the pet which can keep them happy and healthy.